For members of CCS Medical's Managed Care partners
Because of the high incidence rate for diabetes among the Latino population (two to four times that of non-Latino Caucasians), CCS Medical has a special Latino program called "°Vida Latina!" to address this group and the early onset of diabetes that often occurs.
Designed to be culturally relevant, "°Vida Latina!" reaches out to the Spanish-speaking community through:
- A Spanish Specialty Team that has a bilingual staff of 12, who come from five Latino countries
- A dedicated Spanish toll-free number 1.800.842.6021
- Certified Diabetes Educators who can assess patients, along with their backgrounds, including their cultural beliefs, influences and lifestyle.
- Written correspondence in Spanish adapted to the dialect of the patient
- "One-call Resolution" to assist patients with all their needs, including diabetes, pharmacy, insulin pump, and billing.
- Numerous educational resources in Spanish, including a Diabetes Education Guide, diabetes nutrition placements and carb counting handouts.
For more information about this program, please email email@example.com.