What is LivingConnected® with Gestational Diabetes?
Real-Time, Live Clinical Guidance
Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (CDCES) evaluate blood glucose levels alongside nutrition, exercise, and behavioral health insights for a comprehensive view allowing them to effectively engage and guide pregnant women managing gestational diabetes.
- 24/7 monitoring via smart biometric devices
- Initial and post-partum depression assessments
- Personalized coaching from CCS clinicians
Breast Pump Delivery with Virtual Lactation Consulting
LivingConnected® with Gestational Diabetes program participants receive a breast pump with access to clinical guidance so breastfeeding can begin when baby arrives
- CCS delivers a breast pump in the third trimester
- Real-time coaching and guidance from CCS clinicians and lactation consultants
- Breastfeeding is associated with median time to postpartum type 2 diabetes of 12.3 years compared with 2.3 years in women who did not breastfeed*
Improved Outcomes = Lower Birth Costs
Early intervention and management of gestational diabetes addresses and helps prevent adverse clinical outcomes so moms and babies have healthier pregnancies and safe, less costly, deliveries.
- Prevalence of gestational diabetes is on the rise with 6-9% of all pregnancies at risk
- Adverse clinical outcomes include higher rates of Cesarian deliveries, shoulder dystocia, and time in the NICU for the newborn
- By not avoiding these complications, cost of delivery can be nearly twice that of a healthy (non-gestational diabetes) delivery*
How It Works
LivingConnected® with Gestational Diabetes is collaborative care management at home.
Member is Referred to LivingConnected® with Gestational Diabetes
Member Receives Special Welcome Kit
Dedicated Support From CCS Clinical Specialists
Interested in placing your first CCS order? It's simple.