Scallop and Shrimp Kabobs
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb shelled, peeled large shrimp (keep tails on)
- ½ lb scallops
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12, 2-inch wedges of fresh pineapple
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- If using wooden kabob skewers, soak 6 of them in warm water for 15 minutes. This prevents the skewers from catching on fire while the kabobs cook. Then thread the shrimp, scallops, peppers, and pineapple on the skewers.
- Prepare an outside grill with an oiled rack set 4 inches above the heat source. On a gas grill, set the heat to high.
- Combine all remaining ingredients for the basting sauce. Place the skewers on the grill and baste with some of the sauce.
- Grill kabobs for about 5-6 minutes total, turning and basting with the sauce while grilling. Heat remaining basting sauce until warm and serve on the side.
Very lean meat: 2
Serving size: 3-4 oz seafood plus vegetables and fruit
| Calories || 123 |
| Calories from Fat || 20 |
| Total Fat || 2 g |
| Saturated Fat || 0 g |
| Cholesterol || 118 mg |
| Sodium || 403 mg |
| Carbohydrate || 10 g |
| Dietary Fiber || 1 g |
| Sugars || 7 g |
| Protein || 17 g |
Recipe courtesy of: More Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes — Or Less