Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 11-oz package of French bread dough
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 28 turkey pepperoni slices, coarsely chopped (about 2 oz)
- 3 oz red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll dough on a nonstick baking sheet to form an 11-inch by 15-inch rectangle.
- Drizzle oil evenly over the dough and spread evenly with your fingertips. Sprinkle with basil, pepperoni, onion, and parsley.
- Gently roll dough to form a 15-inch log and bake 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on cooling rack and cool completely before slicing. Use a serrated knife and cut into ½-inch pieces to serve.
Serving size: 2 pinwheels
| Calories || 107 |
| Calories from Fat || 26 |
| Total Fat || 3 g |
| Saturated Fat || 1 g |
| Cholesterol || 7 mg |
| Sodium || 299 mg |
| Total Carbohydrate || 16 g |
| Dietary Fiber || 0 g |
| Sugars || 1 g |
| Protein || 5 g |
Recipe courtesy of: Last Minute Meals for People with Diabetes